Columbus Library Foundation
Columbus Library Foundation
The Foundation assists people by providing the link between a donor and the library.
- Provides a way to support library projects through fundraising activities, gifts, and estates
- Provides appropriate tax benefits for gifts to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation
- Helps make dreams come true
Serving on the Board
If you would like to serve on the Foundation Board, please fill out an application (PDF) and return to be considered for open positions as they arise.
The Library has received several significant bequests from library supporters. These bequests started in 1971, in which the Library Foundation was created in response to the need for a new library to replace the 1911 Carnegie building.
Significant benefactors which have contributed to the Library Foundation include:
- Niewohner-Kersenbrock Families
- Marie A. Froemel
- Louise A. Saalfeld
- Robert R. and Joan L. Nienkamp
Today the Foundation continues to look to benefactors for funds to construct a multi-functional, modern building that will meet the needs of Columbus and Platte County both today and in the future. A generous gift can spark the difference for future generations in our community. Contact any Library Foundation board member for assistance.
A bequest to the Library Foundation can be restricted to specific programs or unrestricted.
Donations for our Future
The Library Foundation continues to seek donations to enhance library services. The Library Foundation has continued its efforts to raise funds both publicly and privately for a new public library, now part of a community building project. Click to learn more about this exciting project.
All donations of any size are appreciated. The Columbus Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Consult your financial or tax advisor regarding details for tax gifts.
Options for giving can include:
- A simple check written payable to the Columbus Library Foundation.
- Select Columbus Library Foundation, Columbus NE as a beneficiary of an IRA, 401K or other qualified retirement plans. You can also select the foundation as a life insurance beneficiary (or partial beneficiary.)
- Giving to a specific program of the Columbus library.
- If you are shopping online, consider Amazon Smile, and designate the Columbus Library Foundation as your designated charity.
Funds may be used for building construction, new shelving, books, equipment, circulating materials, technology, programs, and items that increase the library’s capacity to serve the community. Our library is a reflection of our community. We welcome donations, no matter the size, and ensure they are used in accordance with the donor’s wishes. Help us write the Columbus Public Library’s next chapter.
Donations may be sent to the Foundation in care of the Library Director. Bequests of securities and property should be directed to the Library Foundation through an individual’s attorney or trust officer.