Envision Columbus 2040 Comprehensive Plan
This plan embodies Columbus’s vision for its’ future, and will guide future growth and development within the City of Columbus. Through a background study and discussions with City officials, staff, residents, and relevant stakeholders this plan is able to assess:
- Existing land use and development patterns, compatibility and transition issues, and associated economic and real estate market factors.
- Existing housing market conditions and housing stock status in terms of availability, variety and affordability relative to the housing needs of current and prospective residents.
- Existing neighborhood conditions relative to community desires and expectations for quality living environments.
- Existing water, wastewater and storm drainage systems (general condition and capacity, any significant service issues or deficiencies, anticipated needs, etc.) and specific improvements already planned and/or programmed.
- The area's physical characteristics and context, including locations of valued natural, historical and cultural assets targeted for preservation, and potential opportunities for and constraints to future development and redevelopment.
- Existing parks, recreation and trails system and specific improvements already planned and/or programmed.
- Existing development policies and regulations, annexation history and status, and other factors influencing community character and form and the area's development and redevelopment potential.
The Comprehensive Plan utilizes data and information that came from the background study to create a plan that focuses around seven key areas in need of improvement and attention to ensure Columbus meets the vision for its’ future.