The Columbus Police Department provides the service of making periodic checks of citizens' residences while they are out of town for up to three weeks.
If you are interested in this service contact the Columbus Police Department at (402) 564-3201. Be prepared to provide information regarding:
- Period of absence,
- Cars remaining at the home,
- Lights on timer or left on,
- Have newspapers or mail been stopped,
- People who may be at the house (caring for pets, checking mail...),
- Keyholder to call in case of emergency.