- Public Works
- Water Billing
- Utility Billing Payment Options
Utility Billing Payment Options
Pay Online with
Make a One-Time Utility Billing Payment by entering your account number, last name, and completing the captcha, or register for an account to set up multiple payment options, recurring payments, and pay-by-text.
After registering for an account you can:
- Pay your utility bill anytime 24/7 via an easy-to-use online portal
- Manage your account and view up to two years of payment history
- Receive email reminders when your bill is ready, when a scheduled payment is pending and a confirmation after making a payment
- You choose when to pay – simply schedule a payment for any future date (before the due date)
- On the go? Use Pay by Text to get text notifications about your bill and have the option to pay through text message with your default payment method
- If you have any questions about how the online payment system works, you can check out the FAQs.
Pay by Phone
Call 855-667-0981, make sure you have your bill nearby to provide your account number.
Pay by Mail
Mail your payment with the top half of your bill to City of Columbus Utilities PO Box 1217, Columbus, NE 68602-1217.
Bank Bill Pay
If your bank offers an online Bill Pay service, it can be set up through your bank's website to make payments to the City of Columbus for your utility bill.
Auto Bank Pay
If you want your billed amount to be automatically withdrawn from a checking or savings account on the due date each month, come to City Hall and fill out an authorization signature card or download the form and send it via mail or email. Make sure you bring along a voided check or include one in the envelope/email.
Drop boxes are located at the front entrance of City Hall and in the alleyway off of 14th Street. Location of payment drop boxes (pdf)
City Hall hours are 8 a.m - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. Payment is possible with cash, check, or credit card.