News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/18/2022 3:47:27 PM to 11/27/2022 5:05:02 PM.
Posted on: November 18, 2022
[ARCHIVED] Observance of Thanksgiving 2022
Some City of Columbus departments will be closed Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th in observance of the 2022 Thanksgiving holiday.
- The Columbus Area Transit (CAT), the Columbus Police Department Lobby & front desk, the Columbus Senior Center, and all departments located in City Hall will be closed on Thursday, November 24, 2022, and Friday, November 25, 2022.
- The Columbus Public Library will close at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23rd, and will be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th.
- The Columbus Aquatic Center will be closed Thursday, November 24th. They will be open their normal hours on Friday, November 25th and 12 pm-4 pm for a School Day Out event. Visit the Columbus, NE Parks and Recreation Facebook page or call 402-563-3222 for details about their current schedule.
- Van Berg Golf Course will be open, weather permitting. Columbus and Roselawn Cemeteries and all parks will be open.
- The Columbus Transfer Station will be closed Thursday, November 24th. On Friday, November 25th the Solid Waste area will be open to licensed garbage haulers only from 8 a.m. to 12 Noon. The Yard Waste Site will be closed both Thursday and Friday and will re-open Saturday, November 26th for regular business.
- The Street, Wastewater, Water Production and Water Utility Service Divisions will be on call for emergencies.
- The Columbus Fire and Police departments will be available 24-7 for public safety responses.