News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/23/2021 11:11:55 AM to 1/2/2022 5:05:01 PM.
Posted on: December 23, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Observance of New Year's Day Holiday
Some City of Columbus departments will be closed at various times in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
- The Columbus Area Transit, the Columbus Police Department Lobby & front desk, the Columbus Community Center, and all departments located in City Hall will be closed on Friday, December 31, 2021.
- The Columbus Public Library will be closed on Friday, December 31st and Saturday, January 1st.
- The Aquatic Center will be closed Friday, December 31st and Saturday, January 1st. Visit their Facebook page or call 402-563-3222 for additional details about their full schedule for the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Quail Run Golf Course will remain open for golf (weather permitting) until December 31st. Quail Run Golf Course and Golf Shop will be closed for the month of January, and reopen February 1st (weather permitting). Van Berg Golf Course will remain open throughout the winter (weather permitting).
- Columbus and Roselawn Cemeteries and all parks will remain open throughout the holidays.
- The Solid Waste area of the Columbus Transfer Station will be open to licensed garbage haulers only from 8 a.m. to 12 Noon on Friday, December 31st. They will be closed on Saturday, January 1st. The Yard Waste Site will be closed both Friday, December 31st and Saturday, January 1st.
- The Street, Wastewater, Water Production, and Water Utility Service Divisions will be on call for emergencies.
- The Columbus Fire and Police Departments will be available 24-7 for public safety responses.